Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Pro Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bojangles5169

bojangles5169

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:31 PM

I just changed printers in my office to a Epson Artisan 810 after trying 2 HP 6500s & 1 8500. The HPs wouldn't scan and I run a paperless office - no files! The Epson seems to do all I need it to but found that when I power up the Epson b4 Windows XP boots I get a blue screen - locked up. Have to turn off the printer and re boot XP, then turn on the printer and everything works. I can live with that but know something's wrong. Epson is clueless as you might have guessed.

Any ideas?

Thanks, bojangles5169

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:40 PM

Was this after you installed the EPSON drivers and software?
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

Powering on devices attached...before XP boots...is the problem.

This seems to happen frequently when users have devices connected via USB (other than mouse/keyboard).

XP detects such devices and it interrupts the boot cycle while it tries to account for such devices before the USB drivers are installed and XP is working.

Just leave the printer off until the system boots...turning it on beforehand accomplishes nothing positive, since it cannot be used until XP is loaded.

Louis

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

turning it on beforehand accomplishes nothing positive, since it cannot be used until XP is loaded.

Actually it can be used, to make copies. It's an AIO device. :thumbsup:

As suggested, try powering on the printer after you have booted to the Windows desktop.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 25 January 2010 - 07:59 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users