Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dual windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dln

dln

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

last week i had the the internet security 2010 virus on my computer, I got that fixed. worked great for a couple days, got up one morning to a black screen, saying invalid boot.ini drive. Had another windows installation disk on hand (not the one originally installed on drive) and thought I could copy the boot.ini file from that disk and then fix from there. However, the program installed itself on another partition. Now I have 2 windows programs, one bootable,one not on my computer. How can I get back to the original windows program (the nonbootable one) on my hard drive. I don't have any installation disks with this program, I bought computer with programs already installed. All my files, programs and other stuff is on the original partition and I'm having trouble with my display and internet connections with this new one. Is there any way for me to fix this or am I just going to have to wipe everything out and start over? any info will be useful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:39 PM

Boot.ini Invalid or Windows Could Not Start - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330184

How to Create a Bootable XP Recovery Console CD - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276527/how-to-create-a-bootable-xp-recovery-console-cd/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users