Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

msrouter access point

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 geekstinkbreath

geekstinkbreath

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:48 PM

got a problem. there's this little window that always appear in my screen. it says "mrouter access point" with a warning sign. and it seems to drain my memory. it appears every 30 seconds or so. i have just been a victim of the spysheriff thing and i just fixed that. thanks to your forum topic about that. i am hoping you could help me on this one. i am using windows xp prof. thanks again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2005 - 08:04 PM

Hello geekstinkbreath and welcome to BC.

Don't mind me if I don't get too close. :thumbsup:

That appears to be related to Cell Phone software. Do you have any installed on your computer? Perhaps you should uninstall/reinstall it or check the documentation on that.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 geekstinkbreath

geekstinkbreath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:08 PM

thanks Leurgy.. it seems that is indeed the problem. i uninstalled my phone connection and the warning message didnt showed up again. but still my computer is running out of memory. i have adjusted the virtual memory thing. i let the system decide. still it has low memory. can you help me on this one?

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:25 PM

How much RAM do you have?
How much room did you set the virtual memory for?

Its minimum should be set for at least 1 and a half times the amount of RAM.

Go to start/run/msconfig and see what programs are in the startup memory.
You might have malware draining memory that's loading at startup.

What AV program is running and how often do you update it?
Same for anti-malware programs?

Edited by Enthusiast, 28 August 2005 - 09:27 PM.

#5 geekstinkbreath

geekstinkbreath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:31 PM

i have 256 mb of ram. the system has set it allocating 382 mb. my problem is that when im working my screen turns blue then all windows that are open are gone.

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:24 PM

So you are getting the Blue Screen of Death? (BSOD)

Are there any error messages? If so post the exact wording and we'll see if we can figure out what is going on.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users