Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Attachments....feeling dumb :)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:41 PM

When I reply, in some forums, I can see attachment option, in some others, I don't.
Is attachment feature selective, or am I not getting something?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

Yes the attachments feature is selective. Within certain forums that option is not available. Off the top of my head I don't recall which ones, until I try and use it and in frustration remember. :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 42,772 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:59 PM

until I try and use it and in frustration remember

Yeah, that's the thing.
Using canned speeches drives me nuts, because, if one contains a line about attaching a file, I never know, if the poster is able to do it.
Really confusing...
Any reason for being selective?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

Any reason for being selective?

Reducing the possibilities of attaching dangerous items and unsuspecting members randomly downloading. It's not fool proof, but a small step we take for member safety.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 42,772 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

I still don't understand.
If someone would like to post some malicious attachment, he/she could use some forum, where attachments are allowed, couldn't he?
Wouldn't be better to allow attachments for people with X posts?
Also, possible to get a list of forums where attachments are allowed?

My Website

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

Attachments based on forum posts is not possible. We only allow attachments in those forums that have been deemed necessary. Those are the malware removal and some of the Windows OS forums for analyzing mini-dumps. For the most part, we do not allow attachments in any forums.

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 42,772 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

Thanks.
I received a PM from Animal earlier today, explaining the situation.

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users