Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello :))

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RedIndy

RedIndy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hi all,
RedIndy here from Holland.
Since I am considered to be an elderly person (62) with not too much knowledge about computers I sometimes need advice when my old Netvista or IntelliStation are playing up again.
I use some Dutch forums as well but sometimes the advice I need is more specialized so that is why I decided to sign up with the BleepingComputer Forum.
Those machines are from 2002 (NetVista) and 2004 (IntelliStation Pro M 6230)
Since they are still working okay (most of the time), I did not yet want to buy a new machine.
They run both on Windows XP Professional SP3.
I am not a gamer so most of the applications I use are working quite well on those old machines.
My great hobbies are graphical and website design for which I use programs like The Gimp, PhotoShop CS4, Dreamweaver CS4 and a very old and less known program called Ulead-PhotoImpact (version 5) that still does a lot of the work I do.
Also I like making videos for my YouTube channels.
For that I have a lot of different programs like WMM, Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas 9, Corel Digital Studio 2010 and some more older programs which I use in a mix, if I have a video to edit I might do that in three or more different programs before it is finished.
Music, and guitar playing in particular (Semi acoustic and electric) is also a hobby of mine for which I also use my computers to record and edit.
The programs I use for this are mostly Adobe Audition CS 4, Audacity and Steinberg: Wave lab, Cubase and Neuendo 4 as well as Sony Acid and Numark's MixMeister Fusion v7.3.5.1.

RedIndy.

Edited by RedIndy, 25 January 2010 - 03:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:08 PM

Hello RedIndy and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 RedIndy

RedIndy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:39 PM

Good advice Garmanma and thanks for the welcome!!!

RI.

#4 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

Hi and :flowers: tom BC RedIndy.
The time sure flies :thumbsup: because I am 63 yo.
Be happy here.

Edited by Darthy, 25 January 2010 - 08:43 PM.

Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users