I really have already heard on four forums now about which firewall everyone perceives as best. My conclusion: Everyone has their own opinion!!!!!
What I would like is some replies from current or past users of Filseclab Personal Firewall. What are the pros and cons of this software? I am not real technical when it comes to firewalls. I'm looking for ease of use, using default settings at first, but the ability to make changes when I become more knowledgeable. Studied all pages on Filseclab's website. Really like the GUI. Looks real easy to use compared to most of the popular FW's I've been researching. Though their English is awkward, I had no trouble understanding what they were trying to convey. Information was thorough and easy to understand.
I see on their website they only have help screens and e-mail support. Disappointing they have no user forum. As an Internet & firewall newbie, I rely heavily on user forums for help. Questions I would pose:
1. Do they work with you until problem has been resolved? Or are they inclined to "pass the buck" and leave you hanging?
2. Are their instructions undestandable for all level users, or over the head of novice users?
3. Is there an insurmountable language barrier with their e-mail agents, or are instructions as clear as info on the website?
4. What is the turnaround time for technical support? 24hrs? 48hrs? Longer?
5. Have any of you donated and acquired the "Lifetime License" status that is mentioned on their website? Exactly how does that work? Is there a requested level/amout of contribution for this type of license status?
Hope to get some useful feedback on this topic, because I really like the "look" of this product (even though my hubby has issues with my considering a Chinese product, LOL).
Edited by buttoni, 27 August 2005 - 03:25 PM.