Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PowerPoint 2003 not Printing Color only BW

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cycle

cycle

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:47 AM

I have a problem printing color out of PowerPoint2003. I've tried other applications including all other Office applications and they all print color. I can create a slide with either colored text or a picture. But when I go to either print it or do a print preview is always shows black and white.
I've tried previous presentations and also starting from scratch. I tried colored text and it still shows only bw.

I've tried removing Office and re-installing with no luck.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

Check your print settings.

Pull down File, then Print. Look at the very bottom left side of the Print screen. There is a Color/grayscale option. There are three choices there: Color, grayscale, and pure black & white. Make sure you have Color chosen.

See if that works.

#3 cycle

cycle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:15 AM

Thanks txtchr, that was it... Is there a way to make it default to color. If I change it to color then leave power point and go back in. It goes back to gray scale

#4 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

Open up a new show in PowerPoint (you'll get a blank template slide). Pull down your Tools menu, choose Options, then select the Print tab. Under the section Default Print Settings for this Document, bullet off the option: Use the most recent print settings.

Choose that option provided your last (most recent) show was printed in color. Otherwise, you can force the new show to be done in color (that's the option right below "most recent"). Then, on your next show, choose the "most recent" setting.

That should fix your problem.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by txtchr, 27 January 2010 - 04:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users