Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Verizon's new charge

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tuber

tuber

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:28 AM

Monthly bill showed $30 charge on daughter's phone( ENVY ) for web use. Trouble is, we don't have it on her phone. We were told it now falls under (Mutimedia use phones) as of 18th of JAN, even if we don't sign for the service. We were told by three supervisors this will be the new charge on current contract (re-signed 2 year in Aug 09') and could not be taken off. If we terminated, would be charged early out fee. Fourth supervisor ( after heated debate ) removed charge and would correct billing. Read your bill carefully and don't take no for an answer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:40 PM

Thank you for your post. I immediately went to Verizon wireless website to see which phone are considered Mutimedia use phones.

My env2 isn't on the list. But if I wanted to get an env3, it is listed.

#3 Gonzotr

Gonzotr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

I have a friend that just got hit with this and did just the same. I have Sprint. Don't have to worry about that stuff. tr

#4 g2gsr93

g2gsr93

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:47 AM

I have a two friends that work at different carriers (Verizon and Sprint) and both have told me that this is most likely coming to all carriers in the near future. What I was told is that everything will be categorized similar to how Verizon is doing it now. Smartphones, multimedia phones, and simple-feature phones. Smartphones will most likely always require the $30+ data plan, multimedia phones will require $10+ data plan, and simple-features will require nothing. Just rumors but it does seem to be heading that way!

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:10 AM

I have a two friends that work at different carriers (Verizon and Sprint) and both have told me that this is most likely coming to all carriers in the near future. What I was told is that everything will be categorized similar to how Verizon is doing it now. Smartphones, multimedia phones, and simple-feature phones. Smartphones will most likely always require the $30+ data plan, multimedia phones will require $10+ data plan, and simple-features will require nothing. Just rumors but it does seem to be heading that way!

Well I wouldn't doubt it at all, the bad economy is really reaching out to all services being hit hard with new fees and less services included in contracts :blink: .
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#6 Viperone

Viperone

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I use cricket no problems my friend uses t Mobil she lost her broad band chip and decided. To disconnect. The service they put in disruption of service and post dated the cancellation. For about 2 months latter and kept. Charging her read the fine print carefully. And if they change any of your service or add more billing during your contract. Its a loophole. And you may be able to get out of your contract. Found this out searching. The web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users