Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB not reconized...unknown device

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ziadramman

ziadramman

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:04 AM

Hey again, back with another hear scratcher. First here are my Pc specs:

Windows XP Pro SP3
4 GB Ram DDR3 1333mhz
1.5 TB HDD
Nvidia 8800GT
Intel Core i5 750

Here is the problem, my bro has an M-audio keyrig 49 and it's USB powered and operated.There are no drivers for it, it's "immediate" plug and play as mentioned on the website. When I plug it in it says "USB device not recognized and malfunctioned" although the keyboard lights up, I cannot use it.

I tried it on 2 different pc's with the same cable and it works instantly. I tried reninstalling all the USB ports same thing. I've checked for IRQ conflicts and there are none. I've run out of options other than reinstalling windows but I really want to stay away from that. Even tried rolling back to SP2.

I've even checked the windows drivers on my laptop (keyboard works) to see which windows drivers are being used By the keyboard and they are all available on my pc, so why is it saying "unknown device"?
Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users