Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A/V Reciver/Surround Sound Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nesto1000

nesto1000

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:25 PM

I want to buy an A/V Reciver, but I was wondering about this one model (YAMAHA 5.1-Channel Digital Home Theater Receiver RX-V365) at newegg. I know that it's 5.1 suround sound, but I saw some people's comments that it dosen't have a DTS-HD or Dolby True-HD decoder. Now my question is if I hook up my PS3 or Blu-Ray player to the A/V receiver, will I still get 5.1 Surround Sound? And if the answer is yes, will the quality still be good, maybe not as good as DTS-HD or Dolby True-HD great, but still good?

BTW I don't know if ithis is the right forum or not... if not, I'm sorry.

Edited by nesto1000, 25 January 2010 - 10:26 AM.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k Motherboard: ASRock Z68 PRO3 GEN3 Ram: CORSAIR XMS3 16GB HDD: ADATA (Micro Center branded) 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB GPU: XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 PSU: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M600 RS-600-AMBA-D3 Case: COOLER MASTER RC-690

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Onsteroids

Onsteroids

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:49 AM

In general: yes - although not sure if you are going to enjoy 5.1 out of that Blu-ray player.

If this receiver has PCM decoding from HDMI connection you might have to set the Blu-ray player to send out multi-channel PCM over HDMI to your receiver. If this receiver has no PCM decoding from HDMI connection, perhaps your blue-ray player has built-in decoder, so you could could analog from there.

See this FAQs before buying: http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/547983.html

Edited by Onsteroids, 01 February 2010 - 09:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users