Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just a blue screen?...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cpp99

cpp99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:46 PM

I was watching Youtube videos when my computer just logged off and restarted itself. I did have AVG running at the time and I think it was updating itself (I am not really sure if that was the cause of the restart). My computer restarted and it sent me to the boot option list. Any option I would pick leaves me with a blue screen error...

I cannot access my windows. It will give me the options to startup:

Normally
Best known config.
Safe mode.
Safe mode with network.
Safe mode with cmd prompt.

Starting it normally, it will load until half a bar of the windows XP loading bar and then goes straight to the blue error screen; as well as the best known config.

In safe mode of any kind it will go straight to a blue screen with a sideways L and a question mark.

I cannot access my desktop to remove any anti virus. I also cannot get past the loading bar screen of windows XP.

Is there anything I can do aside from reformatting my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users