Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ran ComboFix and all data files removed...IS2010

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SteveMHDS

SteveMHDS

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

I ran ComboFix on a system that was infected with Internet Security 2010. However, the program then proceded to view all data files as vir files. All desktop icons were gone, all programs in All Programs were gone. Using System Restore brought back the desktop icons, but all the data files are still missing. I have found them in the QooBox Quarantine, but is there anyway to 'undo' the Quarantine? I unfortunately saw the 'Important Message' about ComboFix being taken offline AFTER the running of the program, but I had just downloaded it from your site around 3 (CST). I do have the ComboFix log if that would help.

Any help in recovering the data would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:35 AM

Hello and :thumbsup: to BleepingComputer

Please see the following thread for a solution. You should direct any questions you have regarding the recovery process at that thread, not this one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290138/combofix-problems-and-resolution-for-legitimate-files-being-deleted/

Thanks!

~Blade

Edited by Blade Zephon, 25 January 2010 - 12:36 AM.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 giannak

giannak

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:08 PM

Hi SteveMHDS

I had exactly the same problem after running combofix but with another virus (nepalloid). Did you manage to recover your files? If yes, how did you sort it out?
Many thanks
giannak

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

Please see the link in Blades thread above..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 SteveMHDS

SteveMHDS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

Actually, I followed the guidance in another thread...since it seemed that many had the problem due to the bug. I ran the 'dequarantine' script and I got everything back. Thanks for all your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users