Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Partition problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_niggz_*

Guest_niggz_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:46 AM

I installed Windows Xp on a partition along with 2000 pro also. nad now my computer isnt working right can someone tell me how to remove only windowws Xp and keep 2000 on still

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2005 - 05:09 PM

It is not recommended to install 2 OS's on the same partition and that is why your computer isn't working right.

There is no sure fire way to remove 1 OS from the same partition without some sort of damage to the remaning OS.

About the only solution would be to backup all your important data and do a format and clean install.

#3 indiandan

indiandan

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:37 PM

goto control panel system,advanced,start up and recovery,remove check mark from system start up.then it will only have one to choose from.this is the easyest way to fix.this
Dan Hollingsworth
A+ certified
Mircosoft certified professional

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users