Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Second external monitor off of laptop question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 uemike

uemike

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

I want to run a 2nd external monitor off of my laptop. The laptop is an HP DV7 2185 model.

It is equipped with both an HDMI output and a VGA output. Currently I use the HDMI for an ext. monitor; can I add a second as easily as plugging into the VGA too? Or is this going to cause some kind of conflict akin to crossing the streams in Ghostbusters :thumbsup:

I had heard of a solution by using a USB to DVI adapter - however that seemed somewhat crude - but if that's the only way I'll have to live with it.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

As an aside, does anyone know if they still make 'portrait view' monitors anymore? I can't seem to find a new one anywhere.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users