Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nasty Malware/Worm

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hortoholic

hortoholic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hello, I would like to say it has been a while since i have posted here. I am in a bind here and I do not know if it would be best to wipe clean and start over or can I fix this? I seem to have been infected by some worm and can no longer log on. I am posting this from a different computer so if my responses are slow, I apologize. While browsing the net I will admit I made the stupidest mistake :thumbsup: ! I thought I was downloading a guide for what I was looking for and it didn't even occur to me until it was too late. So I clicked download and save the .zip to my hard drive and what do you know? 5 minutes later I get a nice popup saying I got a worm and that I should run an antivirus. My computer just restarts and does nt even pass the boot screen (you know where it says Xp and everything). Si I boot into safe mode I have avira and it found fips.sys. I also was browsing and saw that they were created minutes before the infection. 41.exe, smss32.exe winlogon32.exe. did I delete necessary files? they were created on te day but not from microsoft. so I restarted it in safe modee adn thats when I ran avira. I also ran spybot. so I removed those wilogon32 since there was already one (the correct one) ans smss32. now I restart the computaer and it loads and I get the nice windows xp welcome screen. I shout for joy then I am down as I attempt to login and it says logging in.... then a few seconds later.. It says logging off and I am back to that welcom screen. I cant seem to get past this in safe mode with and without. It diesnt work. Is there hope or is it best to just restart. Any help apreciated. If you dont understand, just ask and i should be better to be avle to clarify for you. dont hesitate to ask.

thanks,

hortoholic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users