Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extremely frusterated and helpless please help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mandilynne

Mandilynne

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

Hi all,
I'm really sorry if I put this in the wrong section - I wasn't sure where to put it. Pretty much in a nut shell I have been trying to fix my internet situation for 2 days now with no luck. Here is the deal.
I have a modem and a router that plus in to the modem. I have 2 other people in my house that connect to the router with their laptops wireless wise. I am where the modem is and I usually just connect directly to the router with a Ethernet cord from my computer to the router. 2 days ago I disabled my internet and unplugged it to attempt to restart it and that's when this chaos started. I plugged in the modem, waited then plugged in the router, then turned back on my computer. What happens every single time is my internet ( Local area connection 3 ) says it's connected with 100% signal and it says the internet is working great - it even says packets are being sent and received but when I go to click the internet or any pc game or anything that involves the internet at all it doesn't connect. I have 0 internet whatsoever. My firewall is completely turned off - and I added exceptions so I don't think its that. Ive tried going to the cmd prompt and doing a release/renew that did nothing except just restart it back to where it says its connected but really it's not. I can only receive internet now if I'm directly plugged into the modem. I am so frustrated and my roommates will be coming home soon and Ill have to turn the router back on and be screwed over. Could anyone please give me any suggestion of what to do I would really really appreciate it greatly.

My router is a Belkin G+MIMO wireless router. Model: f5d9231-4 v1

Once again I could really use the help or advice.

Thank you,
Mandi.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

What is the make of your modem?

"2 days ago I disabled my internet" How?

All you did was unplug the power to both the modem and router?

What browser(s) are you using?

What was wrong that you started messing with with any of this?

Could you surf before you unplugged the modem and router?

Take a deep breath and relax. I know that when these things happen it is very frustrating but we'll figure it out =)

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Con10119

Con10119

• Banned Spammer
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

I might sound stupid but double check all the wires are fully connected.

You should go to your routers configuration page and then restore the router to factory default. If this dosn't work then look to see if you have a local connection to your computer (if you do) you should ring up your ISP and they can check your line for any faults and fix it over there end.

Moderator Edit

Edited by Pandy, 01 March 2010 - 08:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users