Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding speakers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HJT Noob

HJT Noob

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:31 AM

I have very little knowledge when it comes to speakers. I have a Dell 8250 with an integrated sound card and the basic 2 speaker plus subwoofer Dell set. I had two extra pairs of speakers, 1 from altec lansing and the other from Dell. I was wondering whether there was any way or place on my computer to add one of the extra pairs to my current system.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2005 - 05:31 PM

I bought a cheap amp with 5 speakers, plugged it in the earphone jack of my laptop and it will blast you out of the room. When I say cheap, I mean $19.95+tax. With all those speakers if you are not into perfection you can get good sound with just a cheap amp and plug in your speakers.You can also plug it in where your speakers are now. Using the earphone jack will turn those off.

Edited by gunner, 27 August 2005 - 05:34 PM.

Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 coolchris706

coolchris706

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:09 PM

Yeah you could just plug them into the earphone jack on your PC if there is one. On my computer, and on most PCs, the earphone jack is on the front of it along with the CD drives. It might look kind of dorky is you just plug them into that.

#4 HJT Noob

HJT Noob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:49 PM

Oh I didn't know that you could plug audio speakers into a computer. I'll definetely have to try it out. Thanks a lot guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users