Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel Extreme Graphics Removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 proteus76

proteus76

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 20 September 2004 - 11:44 PM

OK, I just got a new dell, win xp home, and I'm in the process of cleaning off all the junk they put on new systems. I installed an nvidia geforce4 mx 420 pci graphics accelerator, and before I installed I removed the drivers for the integrated intel extreme graphics accelerator that came with the machine. However, now everytime I reboot they show up in my add/remove again. Is there anyway to get them to stay gone? Are they detrimental to my system? Everything seems to be working fine. If anyone has some input, let me know. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:07 AM

As long as there are not any conflicts, then you should be ok. They do this, so that if you need to revert back to it, you can. Almost all name brand computers do not come with seperate installation driver CDs for the hardware. What they normally do, is have it in a hidden file on the HD. You should be OK.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 proteus76

proteus76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:22 AM

Thanks JE Servicies...appreciate it.

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:37 AM

No problem. Glad I could help.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users