Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Downloads and Restore Points

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jmgr

jmgr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:00 PM

Hello All-

This is my first post here, so apologies in advance if I've placed this in the incorrect section.

I've noticed something rather curious today. Google failed to find any answers for me and I have searched here also, to no avail. Part of the problem may be my search query, as I am not sure WHAT to search for. I noticed yesterday while using Gimp (latest version) that many of my brushes are missing. I found it interesting, but not enough to investigate at the time. Today, again after starting Gimp, the brushes are still missing and so are my downloads and bookmarks in Firefox (again, latest version), as well as my system restore points. Further investigation shows that everything missing is between the dates Nov 4, 2009 - Jan 21, 2010. All before and since is still intact.

I haven't done anything major recently other than install Comodo AV/FW (uninstalling ZoneAlarm and AVG), Updated SpyBot SD, installed and ran MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, SuperAntiSpyware, and Spyware Blaster. All of this was done this week. Seems overkill, but all recommended software on this site, I believe.

My system is running perfectly. No speed issues, no glitches, nothing other than the missing items. I'm running XP with all of the security updates and service packs up to date. The above programs have found and removed various bugs, nothing that appeared to be serious as I had no issues even prior to the downloads.

Any ideas on what could have happened to the missing items? It's as if my pc didn't exist for a little over 2 months!

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users