Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WinXP sp3 total lock out

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kaddish

Kaddish

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:33 AM

My computer seems to be seriously infected with some sort of vicious malware and I have no idea how to go about removing it.

I am unable to connect to the internet at all, none of the installed anti virus software I have will even run. I can not copy/paste or drag and drop any of my files onto an external hard drive in order to save them.

Is there anything at all I can do? I figured I'd be able to download some software onto this working machine and transfer onto a usb but as all anti-virus software needs some sort of online registration I can not run any of it on the infected machine.

I can not even run the infected machine in safe mode as it seems to crash on start up.

I have a number of photographs etc which are not backed up anywhere else and would dearly love to rescue them if at all possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users