Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant start a program in vista

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:51 AM

im working on the shop computer i work in an indepent auto repair shop we use mitchell ondemand 5 with shop manager. i dont know if it was a prank or what but someone st the clock ahead a few hundred years unknowing the situation our secretary tried to install the quarterlu updat disk they installd but now when i try to access the program i get a box with a message that says runtime error Program:\C:Mitchell1\Manager\Series2\Pragram\Series20.exe. at the top of the error box it says microsoft visual c + + runtime library ath the bottom it says abnormal program termination i have it networked and the other computer works fine mitchell says its my computer if im in the wrong place let me know the computer is a built compute with xfxforce mcp72p m/b an amd phenon 9500 quad cor processor 4 gig of ddr2 800 and vista ultimate x86 if anyone can help i would appreciate it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:32 AM

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the update, you could also try to do a System restore to before the update was installed, check clock/date, then install update.

#3 rayj0054

rayj0054
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:37 AM

tried all of that but no luck any thing else i can try. i work in the shop and tech support is usually closed by the time i get to computer maintience

#4 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:29 AM

I would look at your Event Viewer and find the event that corresponds to your error.

Try to start the program so you get a fresh error date and time, this will make it easier to in event viewer.

To open event viewer click the Start Orb, in the search box type cmd and hit enter, at the command prompt type eventvwr and hit enter. Maximize this window, In Event Viewer expand the Windows Log and click on Applications. Then if the error is not obvious you can sort by clicking the date and time. Once you find the event double click it, this will open a new window. In the Actions colum on the right click copy/save details details as text. Go back to the Start Orb, in the Search box type notepad, hit Enter, right click in the notepad window an paste the error details.

Then go to Email Tech Support

Give them a brief description and copy and paste error details from notepad into comments box. They will probably have a solution.

You can post the error details here also.

#5 rayj0054

rayj0054
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

i will do this monday as i am home right now and dont have access to this computer at this time thanks

#6 rayj0054

rayj0054
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

tech support says i have a bug i have used mbam and security essentials wit no detections could you recommend some other product for a better scan preferrably free

#7 cjblue

cjblue

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

hi try SDFix . I found it on on this site. Do a search for it, step by step instructions
are with it.. I had similar problem and couldnt find the "bug" with anything..
SDFix found it...
cj

Edited by cjblue, 09 February 2010 - 06:55 PM.

#8 rayj0054

rayj0054
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

thanks cj but which site

#9 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

CJ's talking about http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131299/how-to-use-sdfix/

Did you see anything in event viewer?

Edited by ratchet48, 09 February 2010 - 10:14 PM.

#10 rayj0054

rayj0054
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

thanks ill try it as soon as i get to work in the a.m.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users