Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stupid question about remote access applications and games

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheEgg

TheEgg

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:10 AM

I was wondering, if you have a good gaming computer, and you have a program like log me in or go to my pc or something, would you be able to like play intense 3D games on like an old windows 98 laptop?

I mean, all the processing power would be computed by the gaming pc and the results would just be displayed by the laptop.

I'm guessing the answer is no. Maybe there would be too much lag for games. I don't know. But that would be cool if you have a good gaming pc and could take your games with you on the go with a cheap used laptop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fallendream

fallendream

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:17 AM

you want to stream games?
in theory its possible - youd have to have acces to a server and have the gaming pc on all the time, perhaps even patching the gaming pc as a server?

but im not sure on the practical issues - sorry.

Joe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users