Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wanting to Purchase Levono Desktop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soccermomiam

soccermomiam

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:51 AM

I was lucky enough to win a $500 GC to Leveno. It could not come at a better time! Our old Dell has run out of space and memory. Some very kind folks here have tried to help me speed it up, to no avail... We have a couple of laptops already, so I would like to get a desktop. The kids will use it for music (itunes for ipods), internet, I will use it for pictures and videos (storage, editing and burning to disk), some graphic design also. Pretty much not going to put any gaming programs on it if I can help it... they can put it on their laptops lol. I know nothing about all in ones, which Lenevo seems to offer a few, I have a tower now, which is fine with us, we do have the room to set it up. Have a comp room with three desks available. I actually prefer the desktop for work, and can spend hours on the comp.

$500 iis not my limit, can put some more money towards a system that is right for us, and will last a while... Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 soccermomiam

soccermomiam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:06 PM

From research, I know that Levono is not the first choice as a desk top, but any help would be greatly appreciiated..

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:57 PM

My advice...don't plan on buying a system for "the long-term" because changes are coming that will make some features today obsolete.

Some ideas at http://www.bizrate.com/desktop-computers/l...-pid1771780967/

Don't forget that you need a monitor, let those CRTs die (I still have mine).

Any system will last, provided the users don't abuse...maintain it...and have that luck factor on their side. The major reason that many of us acquire new systems...has nothing to do with the system becoming incapable of doing the job...had more to do with our wants for new toys.

Louis

#4 soccermomiam

soccermomiam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:55 AM

Thanks once again Louis! You are truely a Godsend! I don't mind putting a bit more money into a system that will do everything I need. I am still trying to get this old dell to limp along for the kids for their music. Have been looking at some used memory at Ebay (as you will see in old post lol) Having the extra money to put towards a new comp is fantastic, as otherwise would not have been in the market for a new one. As long as I can do my videos, and pic I will be happy! I will try to keep the kids on the old dell for their music and games lol!

Kim

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:23 PM

Good luck with everything, happy computing :blink:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users