Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

s/pdif output not working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 stghm

stghm

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:51 AM

I am trying to play a Blu-Ray disc using PowerDVD 7, and there is no audio output when I set it to "use spdif", which goes to my HDTV. I can set it to use the analog 5.1 speakers I have, but those aren't set up around my TV so they're not as helpful.

When I'm using Windows Media Player or VLC player to play video and DVDs, the sound works fine. When I try to use PowerDVD to play even DVDs, there is no sound output through the HDMI s/pdif connection.

I am using the onboard audio from the ASUS P6T motherboard, which outputs HDMI through my GTX 285 video card. I'm using the current Realtek HD Audio drivers.

When I test the output using windows sound mangement for the SPDIF output, there is no sound for DTS or Dolby Digital. What do I need to make these work?

Using Windows 7

Will my hardware simply not output digital audio, or is my TV not capable of receiving digital audio?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users