Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Several problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 v123naqrroc

v123naqrroc

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

I run Visa home premium on a computer with an external hard drive which I can switch on/off indepentantly of the computer, I have the following problems

1) I loaded multiloader and didn't want it but despite uninstalling it it keeps showing a screen on startup can't seem to get rid of it.

2) If I have the external hard drive switched on the computer hangs on start to the 'award modular del Bios set up F9 end etc black screen. If I switch the external H/D off it then carries on. I' ve tried to go to Bios boot and set the startup to 'C' boot but only get the option of hard drive, flopplydrive, DVD. but not a specific 'C' Drive.

3) On startup home screen I get errpor window, 'C:\windows\system32\sshnas.dll the specified modular cannot be found' witha 'OK' which allows one to continue'

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:23 AM

1) Which multiloader?

2)Look for USB options in your BIOS, something like enable/disable USB as boot device.

3)sshnas.dll Identified as a variant of the TR/ATRAPS.Gen malware.
Take a look at How to remove a Trojan, Virus, Worm, or other Malware, if you need help ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users