Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus... about ready to give up *sigh*

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OffTheWall

OffTheWall

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:21 PM

Alright..
I use a windows XP computer and Firefox as my main browser.

Two weeks ago i got infected by a nasty virus. Called my dad's friend who is a computer tech, according to him he fixed it. Once again, got infected by virus. Although to be honest I think it was the same virus there, I dont think he cleaned it out correctly. I called the tech again and he came, cleaned it out and I thought everything was fine.
Its been two days since. First night i got online, i noticed google has been redirecting me to different sites.
I ran Spybot search & destroy and Norton and it detected nothing.
However, I was still skeptical so i downloaded Malwarebytes and it found a few trojans and a couple of other things.. So obviously the computer wasnt all cleaned out like the tech had told me. (Im also wondering why Spybot and Norton didnt detect anything?)
(I just turned my pc on once again and am running another scan with Malwarebytes at the moment to check if its still detecting something)

Im a safe internet user..I dont download programs, I dont click on bad links/emails.. Im wondering why I keep getting infected and why I cant fully clean out my computer of these nasty things *sigh*

Im about ready to give up. I called the tech again and he's supposed to come again in a week but I really rather fix it myself instead of having to pay again..Im a student and I really cant afford it =|

If anyone could help me find out what is wrong with my computer/what kinda virus I have and how to fix it, i'd gladly appreciate it! Im seriously about ready to give up

Edited by OffTheWall, 23 January 2010 - 10:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users