Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Workstation service won't start because of Skype Extras Manager

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ntcxyz

ntcxyz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:12 PM

Hello everyone,

After I uninstalled Skype 4.0, my internet connection dosen't work any more. It couldn't obtain an IP address. After some checking I found that the RPC service does not start and that because the Workstaion service doesn't start. The Worksation service has Skype Extras Manger as a dependency but i have un-installed Skype and deleted all of its files. How could I start the Workstation service again or make in undependent on Skype Extras Manager?

Thanks you in advance for your helps.

ntcxyz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:18 PM

My workstation service has no dependencies...it has 5 other services dependent on it.

Remove everything related to Skype (properly) and start the service (Automatic Startup).

You might also set up your connection anew.

Louis

#3 ntcxyz

ntcxyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for your answer but I cannot start this Workstation service without making it not dependent on the Skype Extras Manager.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

I don't know anything about Skype or how it works...but I find it curious that an XP system service can be made dependent on it.

You might check the Skype forums or one of the BC forums that has some familiarity with Skype issues.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users