Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Gamma in Startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bbucks

bbucks

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 26 August 2005 - 11:55 PM

Can someone give me a hand with disabling Adobe Gamma in the XP Startup? I am installing another monitor calibrator and need to disable Adobe Gamma.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2005 - 01:20 PM

To disable the Adboe Gama do this
  • Click Start
  • Click Run
  • Type in msconfig
  • Click Selective Start-up
  • Click the Startup tab
  • Look for any entry that has the command starting with C:\program files\adobe\
  • If they are any uncheck them

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:46 PM

The Photoshop installer installs Adobe Gamma control panel (Adobe Gamma.cpl) into the Windows/System folder (Windows Me and 98) or the Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Calibration (Windows XP and 2000), and it installs the Adobe Gamma loader application (Adobe Gamma Loader.exe) into the Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Calibration folder. In addition, it installs a shortcut to the Adobe Gamma Loader application in the Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup folder (Windows Me and 98) or the Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs/Setup (Windows XP and 2000). As a result, the Adobe Gamma loader application appears in the Start > Programs > Startup menu and starts automatically during Windows startup.
While loading Adobe Gamma.cpl during Windows startup, the Adobe Gamma Loader application applies settings in the Adobe Gamma.cpl file to the system and applies calibration settings you saved for your monitor at the system level.
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/321608.html

To prevent Adobe Gamma from loading its settings at startup , remove Adobe Gamma Loader:

-- Windows XP and 2000:

1. Double-click My Computer.

2. Navigate to Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs/Startup.

3. Select Adobe Gamma Loader, and drag it onto the desktop.
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/321608.html

Edited by Enthusiast, 27 August 2005 - 09:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users