Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very plain text on craigslist and gmail, not on others

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jschwar2

jschwar2

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

Attached File  screen.JPG   201.22KB   11 downloads

Hello, I am havng problems with an inhereted Acer TravelMate 4220 running windows xp and explorer 8. When I am on certain websites such as craigslist or gmail, the look of the page is very boxy and plain texted and some of the words have lines running through the center of them. The typing cursor also displays as a large, verticaly alinged rectangle instead of a normal flashing line. The spell check feature works, but the misspelled words are not shaded. I have removed and reinstalled java thinking his might be the problem, but it did not help. I have attahed a screen shot of craigslist as example. Thank you in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:36 PM

Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same thing?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 jschwar2

jschwar2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:58 PM

Yes. It is still the same. Bar at top reads that explorer is running without add ons. I just installed google chrome and it looks fine. However the same problem occurs with firefox.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Unselect Cookies.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox browser
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Unselect Cookies.

If you use Opera browser
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Unselect Cookies.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 jschwar2

jschwar2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

Still the same

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users