Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore tutorial error? Request for clarification (Vista)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bender999

bender999

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:55 AM

Here's the tutorial URL: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-vista-system-restore-guide/

First, the clarification:

In the section Restoring Windows Vista to a previous State, in the paragraph right below Figure 1 it says, "This restore point is one was made after a new program, driver, or update was installed." Does this mean the described restore point's activity will remain after the restore is completed? For example, look at Figure 2. The highlighted point is labeled/described as "Install: Installed Windows Live Messenger." Does this mean that choosing this restore point will leave Windows Live Messenger installed on the computer?

Now, the possible error:

Look again at Figure 2. In the paragraph between Figures 1 & 2 it says, "On the other hand, if there is a more recent restore point that you would like to restore you should select Choose a different restore point and press the Next button." Well, looking at Figure 2, it looks like it already starts with the most recent points (the recommended ones) and the time goes backwards from top to bottom. Wouldn't additional points be older, not more recent? I'm going to check this myself since I will try to do a system restore, hopefully soon.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users