Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with MBAM and Java--same problem?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Redstorm86

Redstorm86

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:35 AM

Hey all, I hope you're having a good weekend, but I am off to a bad start I'm afraid. I have run into some malware and I am disabled from running, modifying, or removing MBAM. I keep getting the following error: 703(0, 453) and I wish I knew what it meant. If I perhaps knew what that error meant, I could take steps to resolve my issues. Can somone help me?

Also, my java isn't running as it should and I've tried downloading the latest versions. Not a huge concern, but definatley an annoyance.

Thanks in advance,
Tim
:thumbsup:

Edited by Redstorm86, 23 January 2010 - 01:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 afunyun

afunyun

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:37 AM

Hey all, I hope you're having a good weekend, but I am off to a bad start I'm afraid. I have run into some malware and I am disabled from running, modifying, or removing MBAM. I keep getting the following error: 703(0, 453) and I wish I knew what it meant. If I perhaps knew what that error meant, I could take steps to resolve my issues. Can somone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24632

Try this.

#3 Redstorm86

Redstorm86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:41 AM

Thanks for the reply, but Im afraid it comes up with an internet explorer error. In Firefox, it describes it as a bad request.
I might should have said that looking up MBAM on its site in any form is blocked to me it seems.

#4 afunyun

afunyun

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:42 AM

Thanks for the reply, but Im afraid it comes up with an internet explorer error. In Firefox, it describes it as a bad request.
I might should have said that looking up MBAM on its site in any form is blocked to me it seems.

Alright, here is the post then:

Welcome to Malwarebytes! I don't work for mbam, sorry for your ERROR. Sometimes this helps, instructions below:

please try a clean tool below, remove the program and re-install again

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.
2. Restart your computer (very important).
3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).
5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent
Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

Hope this works :thumbsup:

EDIT: IF you can't remove it, I would say install the new one to a new location, remove the malware, and then remove the one in the old location.

Edited by afunyun, 23 January 2010 - 01:44 AM.

#5 Redstorm86

Redstorm86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:49 AM

Thanks once more, but again, another error.
Any way I try to unistall MBAM I get messages. Its a malware that's designed to snipe it I suppose. Well, here's the error it displays in full:

Runtime Error (at -1:0):
cannot import dll:C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll.

Maybe someone can make something of it. If not, I'll leave the notebook for trash pick up tomorrow
:thumbsup:

#6 Redstorm86

Redstorm86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:58 AM

okay, got the MBAM scan going now, hopefully I can get this hunk-of-junk to work again.

+1 internets to you sir. :thumbsup:

#7 afunyun

afunyun

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:21 AM

okay, got the MBAM scan going now, hopefully I can get this hunk-of-junk to work again.

+1 internets to you sir. :thumbsup:

No problem!

Best of luck
Posted Image

Edited by afunyun, 23 January 2010 - 02:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users