Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help now! computer won't start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 valgal123

valgal123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

I'm using my parents computer. My laptop is a sony VAIO of 2003. This has happened before and the problem just magically disappeared, but this time it isn't going away. Earlier today I got a bunch of windows popping up saying that I need to buy this certain program to prevent viruses. The windows were overwhelming what I was doing so I shut down the computer. Now it won't start back up, I have tried everything that I know of numerous times. I do school online full time so I REALLY need my computer. Will I have to buy a new one? I tried to take pictures of the screen when I start it up. Would really appreciate the help.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:36 AM

At that black screen try safe mode (use the cursor and press RETURN). Normally you tap F8 a couple of times before the windows welcome screen to get that menu.
While loading your drivers just before getting into safe mode press ESC if you get stuck.
In safe mode, run some anti-virus etc.
Then open your Windows Explorer and right-click your C drive. Choose Properties -> Tools. Where it says Error checking press the box Check now. It says it will do the check upon a reboot, so reboot now.
Best report back from there before attempting anything else.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:52 PM

Here have a read: http://geekswhoknow.com/articles/stop-0x00...-error-code.htm you will probably need to reinstall Windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users