Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buttons Have No Names

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tb75252

tb75252

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

I have Windows XP SP3, ZoneAlarm Security Suite v. 9

A weird problem is happening recently. The buttons of some programs that I launch have no names on them anymore. For instance, if I launch the HP Solution Center program, I can see the outline of the buttons included in the window that opens but there are no names on the buttons. And if I click on any of the buttons, nothing happens.

A similar thing happens with a program by Discover Card that creates virtual credit card numbers. Launching the program opens a window but there is nothing inside the window. Normally I would see a screen asking for my user name and password.

I have tried turning ZoneAlarm Security Suite off, have reinstalled the drivers for my video card (EVGA GeForce 6200 NVIDIA), have reinstalled those programs that have this problem, scanned the PC with several anti virus/anti spyware tools. Nothing works! (PS: I am fairly sure that no virus is present.)

Any suggestions?
--
tb

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:54 PM

Tried system restore?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users