Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Won't run windows

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nufane

Nufane

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:20 PM

My computer went down two days ago after a windows update, and wouldn't load the OS. I had tried everything I knew to get into windows. It wouldn't even load in Safe Mode, so I decided to reformat. I started up and tried to run fdisk. It started just fine, and began asking me about large disk support and everything. Finally when it started checking the disk for consistency it wouldn't go anywhere. It just kept going to 1% and then back to 0% over and over and over and over. Any ideas about what I can do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:54 PM

Microsoft Security Product Support Policy

Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support
Services at 1-866-PC SAFETY (1-866-727-2338).

There is no charge for support calls associated with security updates.

International customers can get support from their local Microsoft
subsidiaries. Phone numbers for international support can be found
at: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

Give them a call.

#3 Nufane

Nufane
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:00 PM

Thanks, I called them but they were no help. The only answer they had was that my problem must have stemmed from an incompatibility issue between two software programs, and they couldn't do anything for me over the phone since I couldn't get in through safe mode. They wanted me to send the comp away for repair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users