Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezes at Loading Screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 h4mza

h4mza

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

Right, i have windows xp home edition, 2 weeks ago i felt like installing xp again as my computer was too slow, so i installed it and everything worked fine, then 2 days later i downloaded limewire and then everytime my computer would freeze for a minute or two at xp loading screen, you know when the bars go across 4-5 times.

I did a deep search on google on how to fix this error, but someone said scan your computer with malwarebytes and hijackthis on safe mode, ive done that and deleted all the errors/bugs.

So that means my computer is clean, oh i forgot to add i also scanned my computer for viruses and got rid of them.

So after all that, it still didnt fix this error, so i decided to installed XP again and NOOOOO i still have the same problem!!! :thumbsup:

LIMEWIRE IS THE FREAKIN' CAUSE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

Was it clean install, or over the top?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 h4mza

h4mza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 06:55 AM

Erm not sure what you meant, but i installed XP on C Drive, so it formatted C Drive and installed C Drive, i dont think it was clean cos after it formatted the C, the computer supposed to restart init, so when it restarted it went back to this start from scratch install, so

I had to take the CD out and let windows load normally and then it when it goes forward, it will ask me to insert the cd, so thats when i continued to install.

I never experienced such an weird install like this

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

I still don't understand something.
You removed Windows CD at some point for what reason, if the installation wasn't finished yet?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 h4mza

h4mza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:07 AM

After i got to this blue screen where i formatted C Drive, the computer restarted, and then the winodws xp loading screen wouldn't come up, it went back to blue screen, so iremoved the cd, so after it restarts, i let it load as normal and then after the xp loading screen this is where it continued to install xp after formatting c, so thats when it asked me to insert windows cd.

Hope you undertand

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:31 PM

Something surely wrong here.
Are you using genuine Microsoft Windows XP CD?

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users