Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Desire For Sleep is Backwards

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

Have you ever noticed this? You can be tired as a dog at 3AM but not want to go to bed, but when you wake up, the last thing you want to do is to be awake! What the hell kind of prank is Mother Nature pulling here? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

LOL So true:

The reason you have to do get in bed to sleep and you have to get out to wake up :thumbsup:

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:20 PM

I usually fall asleep on the couch/futon thingy after work for 30 min, then at least once in my computer/game chair after dinner, I've slept through lunch on top of my tool box (both the truck box and roll cab). i'm always ready to go to sleep. Waking up is a pain though (especially in the morning since it means I have to go to work)

Posted Image

#4 BBlueize

BBlueize

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:19 AM

Sleep...what a novel idea...

It's not unusual for me to wake up at, say, 7am (on a weekend, during the weekday I have to wake up at 6) then I don't get to sleep until, lets say 3-4am.

For instance it was a little after 7am this morning that I woke up and here I am, wide awake, cruising the site shoving all kinds of topics to the top of the pile at 1:18am my time. I know when I have to get up at 6am to get my 12 year old up for school I'll finally be tired and not want to get up. If it's not Mother Nature, someone sure has a sense of humor.

God knows, even Angels fall.

Life is What Happens When You're Making Other Plans

#5 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

I so agree Andrew. I fight going to bed every night, just want to stay up. I have to force myself to go to bed even when it is 4 or 5 in the morning, but I never want to want wake up once I have gone to sleep.

#6 gully786

gully786

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:51 AM

I so agree Andrew. I fight going to bed every night, just want to stay up. I have to force myself to go to bed even when it is 4 or 5 in the morning, but I never want to want wake up once I have gone to sleep.

thats me in anutshell

#7 carri

carri

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

I think it's more common than we realise. I usually find something to do instead of going to bed, and if I am not careful I will stay up and fight and fight sleep till around 3 or 4 am. When I wake up in the morning: I snuggle up in my quilt and groan at the thought of having to get up! :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Hug someone today and get on their nerves!

#8 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

I am thinking about a nap right now. I know I would feel better for it.. or maybe not. The eyes are closing though.. I should have stopped fighting it earlier.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users