Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft knew about the "Aurora" vulnerability since september

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:18 PM

The "Aurora" vulnerability, patched on Tuesday, was reported to Microsoft on 26 August 2009. MS planned to patch it in February 2010.

Microsoft today admitted it knew of the Internet Explorer flaw used in the attacks against Google and Adobe since September last year.

Microsoft Knew of IE Zero-Day Flaw Since September
Everyday is virus day. Do you know where your recovery CDs are ?
Did you create them yet ?

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

What does it mean? Does it mean that Microsoft is not serious about the security of its customers? Or does it mean, that they thought it was not so serious exploit?

#3 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

First it means the have a lesson to learn. I'm sure they can easy recognize a critical bug.
The patch for this vulnerability was planned to be released in February 2010. They needed 5 months to fix the bug and to test the patch.
I think they are very serious about security but they react too slow.
Everyday is virus day. Do you know where your recovery CDs are ?
Did you create them yet ?

Posted Image

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 05:52 PM

When it takes 5 mo. to react that don't balance out to serious. If your security systems on your computer took 5 months to react or update you and I would be getting another one. M/S has enough money and I hope people to get things done quicker than that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users