Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Security 2010

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kat91119

Kat91119

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:29 PM

My husband's PC got infected with Internet Security 2010 virus last night. Since I've been through this so many times before I did run a few scans myself.

I ran Malwarebytes in safe mode, it found a bunch of stuff. Here is the log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3510
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (Safe Mode)
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

1/21/2010 10:14:52 PM
mbam-log-2010-01-21 (22-14-52).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 109581
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 29 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 9
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 10
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 10

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\smss32.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\helper32.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ieshowinfo.receiverbho (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{89ec0b92-2c0c-42e0-98b9-c049ef027140} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{46f03432-be65-4333-b524-04713c4c81fe} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{dbaf53d4-11fe-482d-b516-b3103bc71f87} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{dbaf53d4-11fe-482d-b516-b3103bc71f87} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{dbaf53d4-11fe-482d-b516-b3103bc71f87} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ieshowinfo.receiverbho.1 (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\setup.exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\IS2010 (Rogue.InternetSecurity2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\internet security 2010 (Rogue.InternetSecurity2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\smss32.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\winlogon32.exe -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Data: system32\winlogon32.exe -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Hijack.UserInit) -> Bad: (C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon32.exe) Good: (userinit.exe) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop\NoChangingWallpaper (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoSetActiveDesktop (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\activedesktop\NoChangingWallpaper (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoSetActiveDesktop (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr (Hijack.TaskManager) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\InternetSecurity2010 (Rogue.InternetSecurity2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\linksador\ShowInfo\IeShowInfo.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\My Documents\downloads\setup.exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\InternetSecurity2010\IS2010.exe (Rogue.InternetSecurity2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\smss32.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\helper32.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Winlogon32.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Internet Security 2010.lnk (Rogue.InternetSecurity2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Start Menu\Internet Security 2010.lnk (Rogue.InternetSecurity2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\U.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\41.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I removed all, and rebooted the virus was still there. I then found this:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...t-security-2010

I followed directions running rkill then malwarebytes again. It found stuff and I removed it here is the log...

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3615
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

1/22/2010 11:30:42 AM
mbam-log-2010-01-22 (11-30-42).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 153049
Time elapsed: 48 minute(s), 2 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 5

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General\wallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{10D56DA5-1001-4913-A574-904353279722}\RP153\A0029986.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{10D56DA5-1001-4913-A574-904353279722}\RP153\A0029989.exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{10D56DA5-1001-4913-A574-904353279722}\RP153\A0029990.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{10D56DA5-1001-4913-A574-904353279722}\RP153\A0029993.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\CouponPrinter.ocx (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

but still have the virus...I can tell because when I boot up the computer the desktop is gone, in its place is now a notice that states "Active Desktop Recovery" as well as Internet Security 2010 exe still being on the desktop. I can run Rkill again, and it appears to close stuff. But then when I try to run SuperAntiSpyware, it opens next to the clock, but I cannot get it to actually open. Once I'm at this spot I can't open anything so I have to reboot.

I'm at a loss of what to do at this point, the only thing I can figure is deleting the restore point since virus stuff is in there. But I don't know if there is more to it. Figured I better get some help.

UPDATE: I uninstalled SuperAntiSpyware & installed the latest with updates (the old one wouldn't let me) I ran it, and it found the Internet Security 2010, it removed it and I rebooted like asked. The icon for it was missing from the desktop. I ran Malwarebytes again and didn't find anything.

Just wondering if I should run anything else now.

Edited by Kat91119, 22 January 2010 - 07:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users