Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DRIVE LOCK

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:50 AM

I recently bought drives used as drive for xbox machines which I availed at cheaper price and never had taken time to further investigate issues along with them.When I connected one of the drives to test,powered on my pc, I got white box on the middle of the screen which displayed "DRive lock primary master 0",even if i continue to press f10 to access bios settings this remains there.I just dont know how to give remedy on this kind of issue, never had encountered this before.
Hope someone else could shed light on me to possible way out.
Many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:05 PM

Its locked and without the software that locked it AND the password, you have a doorstop. The newer Acer Aspire one's have Toshiba drives that you can lock through the bios once locked if you Don't know the password its cheaper to buy a new drive. There is no way to bypass, hack, etc.. the password unless you send it to the manufacture, even then its cheaper for a new drive.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:39 PM

They are xbox hdds actually.Would it be possible use them in different xbox machines or are they just entitled to the one where they came from?Can they just be unlocked by other xbox machines considering software used is available?Coz im planning to sell them to those who need them .tnx

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:18 PM

If you know the password you can unlock them. If not your out of luck.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users