Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Generic Netbook question Please help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nicotine

Nicotine

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:51 AM

Alright so I've been in the market for a cheao netbook for a month or two now just seeing what is out there and then I ran across these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-7-Mini-Netbook-Lap...=item4a9dfe824b

Now if that link needs to be deleted do so but I'm also tossing up the computer details

Forgot to add the fact that I can Buy this "Netbook" for under 100 dollars new and sealed, and that includes shipping.

* Processor Type: VIA ARM 32bit CPU
* Processor Clock Speed :300M Hz
* Processor/Manufacturer :VIA
* Processor Model :VIA-ARM VT8500
* RAM/Technology: DRAM
* RAM Installed Size :128M
* Display Diagonal Size :7" TFT HD
* Max Resolution :800x480
* Display Technology :TFT
* Graphics Type :Integrated Graphics

Storage and Expansion

* Hard Drive Type :NAND Fast Flash
* Hard Drive Capacity :2GB
* Hard Drive Spindle Speed :NAND Fast Flash
* PCMCIA Expansion :1x SDCard slot

Input/Output Connectors

* Ports :3x USB 2.0,1x SDCard slot,1×RJ45
* Audio/Video :Integrated Quadraphonic Speakers,1x 1/8" (3.5mm) Headphone/Line-Out,1x 1/8" (3.5mm) Microphone,Input 1x Integrated Microphone

Communications

* Networking/Data Link Protocol :Fast Ethernet,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g
* Wireless Connection :Wifi
* Wireless Protocol :802.11 a/b/g

General

* Product Type :Notebook
* Model :901
* Operating System :WinCE
* Pointing Device :TrackPad
* Battery Type :1800mAH smart lithium-ion batteries
* Power Device Type :AC, DC can DC can car charger
* Color :Black , white, silver&black
* Dimensions /W*D*H :212mmx142mmx28mm
* Net Weight :0.65kg

Package include:

* 1 x mini laptop
* 1 x AC adapter
* 1 x user's manual
* 1 x packing box

This Notebook have three colors Black , White , Silver Black. Usually we will send the black color to you. If you want the other color. Do make a note to me via PayPal when you pay for the item! Thanks for your understanding!

______ Now the computer is obviously generic and some of the sellers call it a GHS-Tech others Call it a Delux-tech.

I thought/think it was a scam but I could be wrong I figured without it being a so called "Name-Brand" it might turn up to be cheaper... all the reviews I've read have been positive for it and they have sold alot.... Just wanted to see if a techy could tell me why it's so damn cheap... Is it the hardware or something else?

Edited by Nicotine, 22 January 2010 - 01:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nicotine

Nicotine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:40 AM

Nevermind I found it and it's a piece of junk.. could possibly install my own hardware inside of it and kick it up a notch for cheap but I think I'm just gonna settle on an Acer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users