Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't go to bleepingcomputer website, can't open Avira Antivir and google redirect

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HelpMeI'mNew

HelpMeI'mNew

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:48 PM

Hey everyone! There's a problem where I can't seem to go to this website (bleepingcomputer.com). I've had some problems with searching on Google. When I try to search something, it redirects to another site about some sale. I can't open Avira Anitvir. Another strange thing is that when i check task manager, it has process iexplore.exe running even though Internet Explorer isn't open. And if I leave it open, somtimes all of the sudden you hear an ad while internet explorer is still off. Last time it happened it said an ad about a show called Grey's Anatomy (LOL :thumbsup: ) without internet explorer on and without showing any video of the ad. Just the sound. Anywho, I believe my PC is infected with some kind of virus/spyware/malware but I don't know what it can be. It started after I removed the malware "Malware Defense". I used the instructions found in this website to remove it (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-malware-defense). I put the download links it told me to download on a USB flash drive and I moved them to my infected PC (which I should state if it helps, was that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware was already installed on my computer). After that my PC was fine for awhile until the problems stated above happened. Can anyone tell me what my PC is possibly infected with and how to fix it. My operating system is Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. I'm posting this forum on a different computer since mines won't let me. I don't use my PC now that it's infected because I don't know if it'll try to steal info like while your checking your e-mails, filling out applications, etc. I also don't know what posts and logs I need to put in this topic. If you need more information you can tell me what to post and I will post it as soon as I can. You can ask me any question no matter how dumb it sounds as long as it'll help fix this problem.

Edited by HelpMeI'mNew, 21 January 2010 - 06:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HelpMeI'mNew

HelpMeI'mNew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:08 PM

This is an update to my problem. It now redirects with any search engine not just google. My history shows some sites that I have never visited before or even heard of. And now 2 days ago, my pc got infected with Internet Security 2010. I have decided to use the removal guide in this website to remove it. I only have a few yes or no questions:
1) Should I remove this first or should I wait to find something to fix my problem that I posted in my first topic before I fix Internet Security 2010?
2) When I have to run that malware in order to run FixExe.reg, do I have to have my wireless connection on or can I do this while offline?
3) Will removing this malware help fix the problems stated in my 1st post?
Those are the questions I need to ask. BUT I NEED AN ANSWER BY FEBRUARY 1 because I'm planning to remove Internet Security 2010 on that date. If possible just answer those 3 questions by that date and if I decide to postpone the date to remove this malware, I'll make another reply saying so. That all for now and THANK YOU in advance.

#3 HelpMeI'mNew

HelpMeI'mNew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

Ok so I removed Malware Internet Security 2010 from my PC. I found out I needed to be connected online to update malwarebytes anti-malware. the 2nd question I ignored because because I didn't need to use FixExe.reg (I found wrong set of instructions I was thinking of using for "XP Internet Security 2010" until I found the removal guide for "Internet Security 2010".) And for my 3rd question, I think it did fix my problems. After removing the malware, the search engines didn't redirect, I can open my antivirus software, and I can go to this website from my pc again (I'm posting this reply from my recently fixed PC). I don't know if the problem will come back again so I'll make another reply when it happens. And I'm not hearing those stupid ads that doesn't show video anymore. In other words, it seems that I have resolved the problem I stated in my 1st post as follows: "Another strange thing is that when i check task manager, it has process iexplore.exe running even though Internet Explorer isn't open. And if I leave it open, somtimes all of the sudden you hear an ad while internet explorer is still off. Last time it happened it said an ad about a show called Grey's Anatomy (LOL ) without internet explorer on and without showing any video of the ad. Just the sound.". So now I think my PC isn't infected no more. As of recently I have downloaded Ad-Aware because I heard it works well with Spybot. I also installed Google Chrome (idk why it came with ad-aware) and thats pretty much it. All I wonder is if I have to do anything else because after I removed the malware and started scanning my PC for any viruses and other malware, avira Antivir found 5 trojans and quarantined it. My only question is do I have to still be worried now because of it or is my PC possibly free from infection for now. That's only question I need to ask. Well, that's pretty much it. I'm going to stay as safe as possible and if any problems persist, I'll post another reply or topic. Thanks for the malware removal guides. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users