Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2000 Sr-1a

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 milzee

milzee

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 26 August 2005 - 10:50 AM

I Run Office 2000 On My Windows XP Pro Clients On My Network. when they had to a program like word or excel a windows installer prompt comes up saying "gathering required information" and then it asks for my office cd. i have office 2000 sr-1a and office 2000 sp3 installed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:17 AM

They are trying to use an Office feature which hasn't yet been installed, hence it's asking for the CD to install that feature. When Office is initially installed it allows you pick and choose the features you want so as not to waste disk space --- so some stuff doesn't get installed the first time round, Windows just puts an entry for that feature in the menu, but that particular item just points to the CD to tell Windows it has to be installed on demand.

#3 milzee

milzee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:33 AM

so i copied the office 2000 files over to a server and shared that file, now where abouts in the registry can i change office so it gets the files from there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users