Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why bleepingcomputer will not help you fix your redirect problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 badfilms

badfilms

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

For starters, there is too much beating around the bush on these forums. People post for help and their topics don't get looked at or responded to for days, if not weeks. Then the people helping have what is essentially a telephone script of things to do... Download this. Download that. Post this, etc. It generally comes to the same ending point-- Download and run combofix.exe. You see, combofix is like the holy grail here, but it does not fix the redirect problem. If you search these forums, you will not find a single thread on how to actually successfully remove this problem. So in conclusion, the people here do not know how to fix this and only suggest software that they may think will help but does not.

If you really want to wait weeks to find out that you cannot be helped here, be my guest. If not, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

What are you talking about? There is a lot more to the instructions given than what may be apparent to the casual user who is not trained in the tools.

There are many types of redirect issues and there is not one that cannot be fixed by our helpers using a variety of methods.

#3 badfilms

badfilms
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

Regardless, I recommend people visit www.geekstogo.com as the response time is in minutes, not days.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

Wow, considering how many malware removal requests we receive per day, to say that it takes us forever to respond to a topic that was posted at 10 am on the same day takes a lot of nerve.

Regardless, GTG is a great site. I wish you luck there. I can also tell you that GeeksToGo.com has a backlog there, just like every other site like BleepingComputer.com.

Since you are going to be using GTG for your help, I have closed your topic here at BleepingComputer.

Last but not least, i advise that in the future you make statements that are based on valid information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users