Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

worm.win32.netsky

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jason1986

jason1986

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

About 2 months ago, all the contacts on my hotmail account were deleted and I stopped receiving any emails in my hotmail account. Because of the lazy person I am, I ignored this, as I don't really use email.

Then today, whilst using my computer, it froze, then restarted. When it restarted, it reached the windows XP loading screen with the moving bar in the middle of the screen and after about 3 seconds, the blue screen of death flashed up on the screen and went too quickly for me to read it, then the computer restarted again. The boot screen came up which says that windows didn't start up properly last time, so I had the choice of running in safe mode etc. Last know good configuration and normal, both resulted in the previous blue screen flashing up, that I mentioned.

Then I tried it in safe mode and after it loaded mup.sys, below that, it said 'press ESC to cancel. loading SPTD.sys'. I left it and the computer just restarted, but I didn't see the blue screen this time. When I loaded it in safe mode again, I pressed ESC to cancel the loading of SPTD.sys and safe mode booted. It asked if I wanted to use system restore, which I though would be a good idea, so I pressed 'NO' to activate it and it told me that system restore had been disabled and to contact my system administrator.

Once I'd closed that, a window appeared, telling me that I had Worm.win32.NetSky. I googled this on another computer in the house and looked for ways to remove it, but have reached a dead end with all of them. The virus has blocked task manager, regedt32, when I try to run MRT.exe, it runs, but I try to scan the computer and the program crashes. I cannot connect to the internet, as my USB wireless hardware is not functioning.

If anybody could help me, I'd be really grateful. I can run HijackThis successfully if that is any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users