Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thanks for the tutorials

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Happy_Reaper

Happy_Reaper

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 26 August 2005 - 10:29 AM

I just wanted to put up a topic to generally and adequately thank everyone who is in any way assossciated with the tutorials on this sight.

I remember when I first came here, alone and scared, infected with so many trojans horses (Puper-E being the worst one) I should have a stable for them. I didn't think there would be any way back to my old computer. Well, I think you guys saved it. It's running a lot better now.

Furthermore, after reading the tutorials, I've learned a lot of easy, useful facts and remedies to everday computer problems. I can't stress how cool this is, because now, when my friends get computer problems, I can acutally help them out, and all the while I can embarass all those fake, moronic people who manage to sneak in "computer expert" in every sentence when you talk to them. There is no better feeling then utterly destroying someone who thought they were better than you...

Anyways, kudos to everyone.
Teacher: "You connect with Internet Explorer, but what is your browser? You know, Yahoo, Webcrawler...?" <-- It's great to see the educational system moving in the right direction...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 26 August 2005 - 08:19 PM

Thanks for posting that Happy_Reaper.

Although I wasn't personally involved with writing the tutorials a lot of dedicated, talented people were, and still are. The only reward they get is the occasional praise from people like yourself who take the time to post a message like that. The people who staff this site are all volunteers and speaking from experience I know that words of praise and encouragement give them the boost they need to keep going when sometimes it all doesn't seem worthwhile anymore.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users