Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fkarlson

fkarlson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:56 PM

My name is Fred and I joined this forum hoping to get some help for what I perceive is a redirect program on my Firefox browser. I am very dependent on my computer and use it for hours every day. I think it is a wonderful invention and have been using the internet now for about 13 or 14 years.

My first computer was a TI 99 some time around 1981. After that I bought an Adam. I wrote my master's thesis in 1985 off my Adam computer. The file was saved on something that looked like an audio tape. Then I bought a more sophisticated computer that had two floppy drives and no hard drive. Each floppy held less than 200K. The first drive held the operating system and the second drive held the program you used, plus there was some room for files. Both drives were 5 1/4 inch floppy drives. I think I bought this third computer used for a price of $500. I had two programs -- one for word and one for spreadsheets. It was all a lot of fun and I used this last computer for several years, helping me in a business I started and it worked just fine.

Enough history for now. Thanks for listening!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

It's nice to have you here
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users