Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scareware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swalk88

swalk88

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:02 AM

Hi guys,

I have a problem with a computer, I was searching for song lyrics when I encountered a scareware program, I am sure that I didn't do anything to install it (to my knowledge). The scareware doesn't appear to have a name but is talking about the computer having spyware etc (pretty typical I know). It wouldn't let me go into the task manager and so I disconnected the computer and rebooted. The first screen that comes up has the spyware message on it. The message states:

"Security Warning!
Worm.Win.Net Sky detected on your machine.
The virus is distributed via the Internet through email and active x objects.
The worm has its own SMTP enggine which means it gathers emailss from your local computer and re-distributes itself.
In worst cases this worm can allow attachers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data.
Viruses can damage your confidential data and work on your computer.
Continue working in unprotected mode is very dangerous.
Type: Virus
System affected: Windows 2000, NT, ME, XP, Vista, 7
Security Risk (0-5): 5
Recommendation: It is necessary to perform a full system scan."

It gives you the option to select ok but I turned the computer off and waiting for the experts help :thumbsup:

The boxes replicate the windows security programs. I was using Firefox 3.5.7 at the time. The background screen went green and there the icons were like they were highlighted. I had an antivirus program on my computer but it lapsed (now I won't be so lazy in seeing its all paid up).

Thanks

Edited by Pandy, 21 January 2010 - 10:54 AM.
Moved from HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal as no logs were included ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 swalk88

swalk88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:50 AM

Is anyone able to help me with this?

Thanks in advance...

0 user(s) are reading this topic