Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CANNOT CONNECT

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 median

median

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:14 AM

Everything on my Toshiba laptop has worked fine until today. It has had no trouble connecting to a network and now it won't connect. I took the laptop to my mechanic's shop and used it while he was working on my vehicle. Once I got home the machine would no longer connect to my home router (NETGEAR) and would no longer even see the available networks. I have restarted the router, restarted the PC, and run ipconfig with no success. School just started and I am freaking out because I have special school software that I use on my laptop to do schoolwork online. Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Aaron

"There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way." Buddha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:01 AM

inSSIDer may help http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:06 AM

I presume this is another computer than the one I am working on with you in the HJT forum?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

#4 median

median
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

Thanks all,
I solved the problem by calling NETGEAR and completely reloading my router. We held the reset button for 30 seconds and then proceeded to routerlogin.com to reconfigure everything. The laptop works fine now. :huh:

Thanks,
Aaron

p.s. - Elise, yes this was a different machine then the one we are currently doing surgery on. :huh:

Edited by median, 21 January 2010 - 12:29 PM.

"There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way." Buddha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users