Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

For those jumping on the Vista bandwagon

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 g52ultra

g52ultra

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:59 AM

dont' get too discouraged, in this Beta 1 stage.

Remember, this is a developers platform. It's designed for developers- those who design your software and your drivers to work

All in all said, from my experiments on 3 different machines to date, it isn't such a radical departure as XP was over Win9x (cept for us 2000Pro users who scoffed at the horrors of the ME upgrade to Win9x- there just wasn't no choice!)

Video drivers are already out there. ATI's and Nvidea got them on their website. Antivirus's haven't caught up yet, but the AV programs that are designed for 2003 server (McAfee 8.0i enterprise) will work. Latest (their latest cards, not their software upgrades!) Audigy's by Creative Labs will work too.

All your current XP software should work. I haven't found any issues with any software yet that works on XP[I]

Driver issues are a problem though. Some you'll have to pull off install CD's manually or a backup drive that contains your "old XP software and programs"

If their isn't a Vista driver available on manufacturers websites, look for their most recen updates- or perhaps see if they have a 2003 server driver. Vista is the next NT build over 2003 server, so t may be a closer match.

Lots of good info here on the forms. Read them. It's fun and I learned a lot here.

Edited by g52ultra, 26 August 2005 - 01:00 AM.

Anybody know where John Titors's '66 Vette is (or was, or will be)?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users