Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bandwidth Monitoring Software

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Desion

Desion

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:54 PM

Hi. I am looking for some software to install on my home network (whether it be installed on router or all computers) that will help me monitor my network and limit how much can be Downloaded in a 24-hour period everyday. I have 4 computers that use my network.

I have satellite internet, so, all users who use the same internet as me go through the same satellite in space and share the bandwidth. So, my ISP uses FAP (fair access policy) which limits downloading 200MB (every 24 hour period) per day to my network.

We have been going past this limit quite seldom and so now i am looking for some software which will both monitor and control how much bandwidth can be Downloaded each day. I found some useful software like this called Networx but it only monitors, not control. I need the software to like disable internet connection upon a download limit set by the program [example], or something like that. I think you get my drift, thanks in advance!

~Desion
Interesting Links:
Softpedia - Online downloads encyclopedia
W3Schools - Website Programming Tutorials
PC World - Everything about technology
Wikipedia - Online Encyclopedia
Photobucket - Free Image Hosting

"I don't support network bridges, they support me."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users